A.A. Historian and Christian Recovery Movement Leader Dick B.
Radio Broadcasts Scheduled for October, 2012
1. Spirit of Recovery – October 9, 2012, 4 PM Central Time: www.unity.fm.
The Rev. Anna Spouse, Ph. D. will be his hostess.
The topic: What the Early AAs Knew and Why It Matters to Us Today
Synopsis: Dick will be speaking about the real spiritual roots of Alcoholics Anonymous:
(1) Those which produced the early A.A. Christian Fellowship in Akron in June, 1935, and brought about the claimed 75% success rate among those who followed the early A.A. biblical path, gave their lives to God, and relied upon the role that God, His Son Jesus Christ, and the Bible played in early A.A. successes, and can play today.
(2) Those which, in total, contributed to the new Twelve Step program Bill Wilson fashioned and published in the Big Book in 1939—from (a) the teachings of Rev. Samuel M. Shoemaker, Jr. about the biblical Oxford Group life-changing program; (b) the conviction of Bill W.’s psychiatrist about the availability of the Great Physician Jesus Christ to cure alcoholics of the “medically incurable” plight they were suffering; and (c) the literature of Professor William James to the effect that a vital religious experience had been an essential ingredient in such cures.
(3) The other Christian practices and recovery program of early AAs—Bible study, prayer meetings, Quiet Time, a new birth, hospitalization, working with others, and spiritual growth through the reading of large amounts of helpful Christian literature—of a wide variety.
2. Gina Bea Live – October 18, 2012, Noon Hawaii Time:
Gina Bea will be his hostess. (702) 701 4021); email@example.com.
The topic: Yet to be decided and announced.
The Program: Gina is ministering directly to the Christian and Filipino Community
3. Christian RecoveryRadio.com – throughout October – Times Announced
The Dick B. Show is introduced by Ken B.
Topics: Interviews by Dick B. of national and international Christian Recovery leaders and workers in the Christian Recovery Movement—folks who come from many venues—churches, clergy, Christian recovery fellowships; Christian recovery pastoral work, chaplaincies; treatment programs, counseling; social work and agencies; participation in A.A., N.A., and other 12-Step fellowships; interventions; sober living; transitional housing, bridge groups; medicine, psychiatry, psychology; research, history, academic teaching; archives, libraries, and so on.
The International Christian Recovery Coalition Radio Mission
Those in the recovery arena—writers, publishers, historians; program directors and counselors; members of 12-Step and Anonymous fellowships; Christian recovery fellowships, treatment programs, and counseling; and the fields of medicine, psychiatry, psychology, academia, government agencies; community agencies; and Christian outreach to alcoholics and addicts whether in prisons, hospitals, rehabs, counseling, therapy—all need accurate information about A.A. history (www.dickb.com); about the burgeoning Christian Recovery Movement (www.ChristianRecoveryCoalition.com); about Dick B.’s twenty plus years of experience, research, and publishing (www.dickb.com/titles.shtml);
and about the application of early, highly successful, documented, old school A.A. today. And particularly the role that God, His Son Jesus Christ, and the Bible played in recovery from alcoholism, addiction, and life-controlling problems, and can play today.