Sunday, August 4, 2013

A.A., the Big Book, the Bible. Letters. . . we've got letters; and here is the answer to one of them!

I bow to my son Ken when it comes to locating Bible quotes and walking by the spirit so God’s Word can be understood by His children. Expect a word from him.

 

But I asked Ken for the light, candle, under bushel quote; and the following from Luke – though not involving a light house – seems to me to meet your need:

 

Luk 11:33 1161 No man 3762, when he hath lighted 681 a candle 3088, putteth 5087 [it] in 1519 a secret place 2926, neither 3761 under 5259 a bushel 3426, but 235 on 1909 a candlestick 3087, that 2443 they which 3588 come in 1531 may see 991 the light 5338.

 

As to the last line of Dr. Bob’s personal story, this is a favorite; and I repeat it many times in www.dickb.com/drbobofaa.shtml. However, you might want to ponder and then tender this line from the Big Book as a supplement to the Luke 11:33 verse.  Big Book pages 99-100 have this guide so well stated, and perhaps you can use the sentence I have underlined or all of it.

 
“Remind the prospect that his recovery is not dependent upon people. It is dependent upon his relationship with God. . . . When we look back, we realize that the things which came to  us when we put ourselves in God’s hands were better than anything we could have planned”  (pp, 99-100)


Sort of like Shoemaker’s “I stand by the door” – the door by which people enter and find God.

Remember, George, I write and write and write; and if I don’t stop, you’ll have a whole book on this subject. And it may happen anyway.

I am honored and feel privileged to have you ask for my help on putting together a last message. And I deeply hope you will pray for God’s guidance before you make the decision.

Meanwhile, I’d like a refresher on your mail address, city, state, zip, email, phone, and any URL. I’m heartened that you speak of acquiring the set  because it is offered at  a great savings right now and will serve you for a lifetime—for study, for understanding, for topic by topic learning, for groups, for talks, and for a means of passing the info along from an accurate, comprehensive base. Also, please note the four important conferences coming up very soon in Maine, South San Francisco Bay Area, Tucson and Phoenix, and Roseville, California. Hope you can join us at one of them.

No doubt, my son Ken will be in touch also. Thanks again for the message. In His Service,
 
Dick B.

No comments:

Post a Comment