Wednesday, November 28, 2012


Dear Keith: I really appreciate receiving letters like yours.

 

And I will tell you several reasons why: (1) You honestly present your situation. (2) You indicate an awareness of the major role that God, His Son Jesus Christ, and the Bible have played and can play not only in recovery but also in the abundant life that Jesus came  to make available before his return (John  10:10). (3) Many of us experience the wreckage of the past AFTER  we get sober; and it is there that A .A. falls short because of its loss of knowledge and respect for the Christian Fellowship and roots of early A.A. and of the great power and love of God.  (4) I believe you are a good candidate for listing – at  no cost to you – y ourself as a participant  in International Christian Recovery Coalition (www.ChristianRecoveryCoalition.com) where Christian recovery leaders, workers, newcomers and a concerned public are listing themselves as supporters of the old school A.A. approach, as people in all the states and abroad who want  to get to know each other and also have someone to call  upon who is a recovered Christian in their area or where t her e is an area of need.

 

I have several suggestions which I hope you will act  upon: (1) Check our coalition site; and, if you  approve, send me a listing something like this “Keith D....., Believer in recovery, mail address. City, stat e, zip, phone, and email.” (2) Tell me a bit more about yourself – age, family, religious background, education, vocation, plans.  (3) Buy two of our most important guide books. The first is The Dick B. Christian Recovery Guide, 3rd ed. The second is Stick with the Winners. You can order them through my website or by contacting my son Ken  808 276  4945 or his email above, and arranging payment by check, paypal, or credit card. (4) Keep in  touch with me. (5) Look over the material my son Ken will send you today.

 

Again, many thank for writing.

 

God bless,

 

Dick B.

Author, 46 titles & over 1,200 articles on A.A. History and the Christian Recovery Movement






(808) 874-4876

PO Box 837, Kihei, HI 96753-0837

 

Ps 118:17 (NJB):
I shall not die, I shall live to recount the great deeds of Yahweh.

 

Facebook: DickBmauihistorian




 

From: Keith ]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:59 AM
To: Richard Subject: 2 Corinthians 5:17

 

Thank you for your hard work in uncovering the origins of Alcoholic Anonymous.  A few paragraphs from one of your book helped strengthen my belief in God.

I am a recovering alcoholic who's recovery began with a complete surrender to God.  Early in my recovery, a co-worker asked me to give a testimony at his church.  As I was walking up the steps leading into the church I overheard a scripture that really resonated with me, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

A few weeks later I was having lunch and told the person I was with about the scripture. He pulled out his i-Phone and showed me that someone sent him the same scripture that morning.  We both thought it was more than a coincidence, that the person I heard recite it and the person who sent it to him shared the same last name yet were unrelated.

Several months ago I was reading your book "That Amazing Grace" and discovered how that same scripture changed the life of Clarence Snyder.  To me, it served as a further confirmation of God's presence.

I'm well into my second year of sobriety and my life is falling apart.  It's my belief in God that keeps me strong.  You work has helped me strengthen that belief.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment