Sunday, December 18, 2011

A South Carolina Tells Us Her Problem and a godly solution


Hi Dick,



It's really a shame that some in AA forget Step 11 in the Big Book. "Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out" 



In early sobriety we are told to find God and improve our conscious contact. I was dry for 3 years before I understood what Step 3 meant. I had a longing to understand so I started to go to a church that was suggested by a friend in AA. I thought the preacher was in AA because he was saying things that related to what I was hearing in the rooms. I wanted more......so I kept going to church.  It was there that I had my "awakening". I was saved and then baptized; proclaiming Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior!  



This brings me to my first sentence....my sponsor fired me recently because I am spending more time in church than I am 12 stepping other women. What she doesn't understand is that while I am serving at my church I am allowing myself the opportunity to help someone who may have an alcohol problem by telling them that there is a solution. To make a long story short, I was dedicated into the new Care Team as Care Minister last weekend. When there is a need for counsel, people are referred to me for recovery; showing them the love of Jesus. We talked a few months ago about the new Center for Counseling and Wellness affiliated with my church. I am also bringing a beginners meeting there once or twice a week. (you sent me information on the Christian Recovery Coalition and I have been praying on that). I was hoping to present the beginners meeting at our next business meeting in AA. If I do not get the support of the group, I will find my answer.



Until then, I will continue to look for another sponsor; preferably one who knows Jesus. I will continue to do service work inside and outside the rooms. I carry the message to our local prison and volunteer and Helping Hands for the needy and the local homeless shelter. All opportunities to carry the message.



I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!



God Bless,

Jan , SC

No comments:

Post a Comment